CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Spaghetti

My mom got this great kid loved recipie from the Elementary School cooks where she works. It is so yummy, we all gobble it right up! (except for husband who is weird and doesn't like anything pasta)
 

Brown 1 lb. of ground beef with 1/2 cup diced onion (if you'd like)
Then add either 2 cans tomato paste and 5 cups of water or 4 small cans of tomato sauce and 3 cups of water
Season with: 2 t. sugar, 2 t. salt, 1 t. basil, 1 t. oregano, 1/2 t. pepper and 1/2 t. garlic powder. You could make it more spicy if you'd like but the seasonings are just right for kids!
 

Simmer the sauce/beef for about 10 mins then add 6 oz. dry spaghetti noodles, and cook until tender about 10-15 more minutes. This is the secret! Cooking the noodles in the sauce makes it so flavorful! ;)
 

 

Posted by Picasa
Linked up to:
Nap-Time Creations
">

2 comments:

Erin

I love your blog! And I absolutely love that your kids cook with you! Thanks so much for finding me so I can find you! I'm a new follower =o)

Heather

Please email me! I have a question about your blog :)
HeatherVonsj@gmail.com

Post a Comment