CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars


We love Peanut Butter Bars. Who wouldn't like a yummy peanut buttery cookie bar topped with delicious Chocolate Frosting? Well not anyone at our house. We made these delectable treats to share with our family at a get together. They are perfect because the recipe makes a lot!
A while back I was venting about how much I loved these but hadn't found a recipe that I really liked so my Mother in law gave me a wonderful idea. She said that she always makes a basic peanut butter cookie dough, then just tops them with chocolate icing. So I tried that out and they were super yummy and easy especially since I had a prepackaged mix.
But today I didn't have a mix and decided to try out a new (good old) recipe from the wonderful Snow family cookbook.
Here it is:
Cream together:
1 c. softened butter/margerine
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
Add:
2 c. flour
2 c. quick oats
1 t. soda
Spread evenly in a jellyroll pan (11x17?)
Bake 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes, cool and
Top with Best Ever Chocolate Frosting.
 

My little helpers are always ready to mix up something sweet. They love dumping ingredients in and watching them mix up... and the best part of all licking the bowl clean!
 

Kind of a crazy day...First little brother helped by turning on the mixer when it was raised out of the bowl. We had a big mess and he was pretty upset. But we laughed about it and cleaned it up. Little sister had a story to tell everyone about peanut butter everywhere... Then we got interrupted with a phone call and after I have spread the batter in the pan I realized I had forgotten the soda. So scraped it all back in and mixed it up with the soda. But after all the effort they really did turn out wonderful! I will say that they are a bit milder peanut butter taste, so if you like peanut butter possibly spread some on the hot top after they have baked. Enjoy! ;)
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment